Compare Honda Sedans vs. the Competition
When shopping for your new car, do you choose a coupe or a sedan body style? Plug-in Hybrid or a gasoline engine? Should you go with a manual transmission or an automatic transmission? These are all questions a driver has to answer before they can settle on one car or the other, and luckily, our team is to help you choose. Whether you're looking to the Honda brand for a model like the Civic, Accord, Insight Hybrid, or Clarity Plug-In Hybrid, or you are looking at one of the various competitors, it pays to know where each model stands where it matters most to you.
So, which will you choose? There are enough options out there, but we're ready to help you find the right fit for your lifestyle and budget.
Honda Civic vs. Honda Accord, Insight Hybrid, & Clarity Plug-In Hybrid
- The Honda Civic offers a choice of two body styles: Coupe and Sedan. The other Honda sedans don't provide the coupe option.
- If you're like most Honda fans, you love a manual transmission, but the Clarity Plug-In won't offer that option, while the other models will.
- The base asking price of a Honda Civic is lowest of these sedans.
Honda Accord vs. Honda Civic, Insight Hybrid, & Clarity Plug-In Hybrid
- The Honda Accord offers a hybrid option, like the Clarity, but the Insight and Civic do not currently have that option.
- The Clarity is Honda's plug-in hybrid but doesn't have another option, while the Accord gives the flexibility of both a hybrid or gasoline engine.
- The Clarity Plug-In Hybrid doesn't offer as many trim levels as the Accord, so you'll have less control over features.
Honda Insight Hybrid vs. Honda Civic, Accord, & Clarity Plug-In Hybrid
- The Insight Hybrid is priced almost as low as the Civic, and lower than the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid and Accord.
- The Insight Hybrid boasts the best fuel economy, which says a lot considering how generous the Civic, Accord, and Clarity Plug-In Hybrid can give to you.
- All models offer brake assist as a standard feature to help you stay safer out there.
Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid vs. Honda Civic, Accord, & Insight Hybrid
- While the Clarity does appear to be priced higher than the rest of the sedans, once you factor in all of your savings at the gas pump, the overall cost of ownership is fairly lower.
- The Clarity Plug-In Hybrid gives you one transmission option, while the others may offer manual or automatic options for you. With fewer choices, you have more focus to give to the body color.
- The Clarity Plug-In Hybrid excels over the Accord and Civic in combined fuel economy and is a close second to the Insight Hybrid in this area.
Honda Civic vs. Nissan Altima & Toyota Camry
- Part of why people love a Honda Civic is its available manual transmission, which Nissan doesn't offer on the Altima, and neither does Toyota for the Camry.
- When customizing your Civic, your destination charge will be less than it will be for the Camry.
- With front headroom and legroom, you'll excel with the Civic over the competition.
Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid vs. Toyota Prius & Hyundai Ioniq
- When discussing value, keep in mind how these models fare over time, and the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid gives you a better value than the Prius and Ioniq do.
- If you want fuel economy, which is part of why you purchase a hybrid, you'll be happy to know that the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid gives you generous fuel economy on the highway and in the city, while the Prius and Ioniq hover around the same fuel efficiency range as the Clarity Plug-In Hybrid.
- The Clarity Plug-In Hybrid gives you Navigation Aid With Real-time Traffic and Voice Activation, while the other models have similar features as an option on the base trims.
Honda Accord vs. Nissan Altima & Toyota Camry
- For fuel economy, Accord drivers will enjoy more efficiency for city miles than Altima or Camry drivers will.
- With the Accord, you'll get more passenger volume and trunk space than you will in the Camry or Altima.
- Over 36 and 60 months, the Accord maintains its residual value better than the Altima or Camry.
Honda Insight Hybrid vs. Toyota Prius & Hyundai Ioniq
- The Insight Hybrid is priced lower than the Toyota Prius, and it also falls below the Hyundai Ioniq when comparably priced.
- The Insight Hybrid maintains its value for longer than the Prius and Ioniq do.
- The Honda model gives you a lower destination charge than the Toyota brand, and you'll get better fuel economy over time in the Insight Hybrid.
Ready to shop?
As your new Honda car dealer San Antonio, we take our job seriously and it begins with a test drive and doesn't end just because you've taken a drive home in your new Honda sedan or coupe. When you visit our dealership, you'll get to see our new Honda model inventory up close, but more importantly, you'll get to know the team you have to rely on through thick and through thin during your ownership experience.View New Honda for Sale